Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KSA News TodayKSA News Today
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • KSA
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Sports
    • Lifestyle
    KSA News TodayKSA News Today
    • KSA
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Sports
    • Lifestyle
    • Contact us
    Sports

    Over 770 US service members killed or wounded in Iran conflict: Pentagon

    Editorial TeamBy Editorial TeamAugust 21, 2026
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    WASHINGTON — More than 750 members of the US military have been wounded since the Iran war began, according to data published on the Department of Defense’s website.

    More than 50 soldiers were added to the Pentagon’s casualty database on Wednesday, bringing the total figures to 757 wounded and 18 killed, underscoring the growing human and financial cost of the conflict.

    Of the 757 service members reported wounded, more than 580 are Army soldiers. The total also includes 86 sailors, 64 airmen and 19 Marines, according to the Pentagon’s Defense Casualty Analysis System.

    The database also lists 18 US service members killed during the conflict, which began on Feb. 28 with US and Israeli strikes against Iran.

    While many of the wounded are categorized as casualties of “Operation Epic Fury,” the formal name for the conflict, the Pentagon created a new category called “Overseas Operations” in its casualty database in late July.

    The Pentagon said the change was made after Operation Epic Fury concluded, with casualties linked to subsequent US military action classified under the new category.

    The Pentagon and US Central Command have released few details about how the service members were injured or the extent of damage sustained by US bases during Iranian attacks.

    Officials have said, however, that the overwhelming majority of the injuries are traumatic brain injuries, often associated with the blast waves from missile and drone attacks.

    The casualty figures come as the financial cost of the military campaign continues to rise. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth told lawmakers last month that the direct cost of the Iran war had reached about $37.5 billion, the first time the Pentagon publicly put a figure on the cost of the conflict.

    The administration has also sought tens of billions of dollars in additional funding for ongoing military operations in the Middle East.

    An emergency funding request of about $87.6 billion included roughly $67 billion for the Pentagon, with proposed spending covering munitions, operational costs and classified programs, according to details presented to lawmakers.

    The conflict, now approaching its sixth month, has continued without a ceasefire or broader agreement to end hostilities, while US forces remain engaged in military operations and efforts to maintain pressure on Iran.

    The Pentagon has said little publicly about the full scale of damage to US facilities or the circumstances surrounding individual casualties, leaving the casualty database among the few official sources offering a broad picture of the toll on American forces.

    Source: Saudi Gazette

    Previous ArticleUS pushes allies and China to back Trump’s economic warfare on Iran 
    Next Article F5 placed in the Leader tier of the SecureIQLab 2026 Cloud WAAP v5.0 CyberRisk Validation Comparative Report

    Related Posts

    Israelis return to closed West Bank settlement, defying growing international anger

    August 21, 2026

    Over 6.5 million vehicles undergo periodic inspection in 2025

    August 20, 2026

    Saudi operating revenues rise 6.1% as building permits surge 20.3% in June

    August 20, 2026
    Latest Posts

    Israelis return to closed West Bank settlement, defying growing international anger

    Madinah Launches Back-to-School Health Campaign for Students and Families

    F5 placed in the Leader tier of the SecureIQLab 2026 Cloud WAAP v5.0 CyberRisk Validation Comparative Report

    Over 770 US service members killed or wounded in Iran conflict: Pentagon

    Latest News

    Israelis return to closed West Bank settlement, defying growing international anger

    August 21, 2026

    Over 6.5 million vehicles undergo periodic inspection in 2025

    August 20, 2026

    Saudi operating revenues rise 6.1% as building permits surge 20.3% in June

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • KSA
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Sports
    • Lifestyle
    • Contact us
    2026. All rights reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.